Whoopie Pies are a New England delicacy. In fact, they are the Official Maine State Treat. 🎉
We have improved upon the traditional recipe to create a better-for-you version, made with nib mor organic Original Drinking Chocolate.
nib mor’s Vegan and Gluten Free Whoopie Pies
The pie pieces:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 packets nib mor Traditional Drinking Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
The cream filling:
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix the butter and maple syrup together until blended. In a third bowl, whisk together the rice milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Combine the butter mixture, wet ingredients, and dry ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- For the cream filling, drain and rinse the cashews, and blend them in a food processor with the other filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble, spoon the filling onto one pie piece. Add another piece on top of the filling to create a sandwich. Enjoy!