It's officially blueberry season here in Maine! To celebrate, we came up with this delicious recipe for blueberry muffins including fresh Maine blueberries and our NibMor Dark Chocolate bites with real Maine blueberries.
1 ½ cups almond flour
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup NibMor Dark Chocolate bites with real blueberries
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
¼ cup butter (softened)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and prep a muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 1 ½ cups almond flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add egg and whisk in thoroughly. Then add the vegetable oil and almond milk. Mix together until well combined.
- On a cutting board or other sturdy surface, chop apart NibMor Dark Chocolate bites with real blueberries into small square chunks.
- Fold blueberries and NibMor Dark Chocolate chunks into the mixture.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top with batter.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, ¼ cup softened butter, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Mix with a spoon and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.