What better way to start your day than with some delicious chocolate mocha pancakes jam-packed with protein and topped with banana, peanut butter goodness?
- 1 scoop MRM Veggie Elite Chocolate Mocha protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or preferred milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup crushed NibMor dark chocolate of choice
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift the protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder, and then whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and whisk well until the batter is smooth.
- Add chocolate pieces and mix well to evenly distribute.
- To make small pancakes, pour 1/8 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. To make larger pancakes, use ¼ cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until the top looks set and the pancakes easily come off the pan, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until all batter is used.
- Top with banana slices, peanut butter, and more chocolate pieces!
Thanks to Instagram follower @full_day_of_eating for the photo! Recipe courtesy of MRM USA website (https://mrm-usa.com/recipe/chocolate-mocha-protein-pancakes/).